You’re sitting in your accountant’s office trying hard to concentrate on the matters at hand, but it’s difficult because he looks more like a “Mc” cast member of “Grey’s Anatomy” than someone who is adept at organizing your finances. You want to make your move, but you’re a little hesitant. This is sticky territory. One little misstep and you could easily roll down the slippery slope of creepiness. But just because he has the power to determine whether you eat grilled cheese for the rest of the year doesn’t mean you should miss this romantic opportunity. Take the plunge if you must, but keep these do’s and don’ts in mind.
- DON’T make blatant overtures during tax season. For obvious reasons, you don’t want him to think you’re just trying to score financial brownie points. Plan your romantic attack wisely.
- DO divert his attention away from money. Steer his attention from financial matters and charm your sexy number cruncher with casual questions about his non-work interests. Better yet, focus on what you can bring to the table.
- DON’T be a deadbeat mom. If you’re a single mother and you’re looking to score with your male accountant, make sure you’re taking care of your kids. You never know where the romance may lead, and you don’t want to start off on the wrong foot – definitely not a good look.
- DO avoid coming across as super cheap or a spendthrift. Your accountant is a financially savvy stud who will likely appreciate someone with the same outlook about her money.
- DO compliment his amazing work ethic. No matter what, guys like to know that you notice how hard they are working. Every guy likes a little ego boost-duh!
- DON’T ask him if you can count your dates as tax deductions. You might think you’re being clever; but he won’t think so. No, really, he won’t.
- DON’T schedule your date until after you receive your rapid refund. If you can’t afford to go to dinner now, you probably won’t be able to do dinner later.
- DON’T ask him out if the status on your W-2 status reads, “married.” This one is self-explanatory.
- DO refrain from telling any joke that involves death and taxes. He’s probably heard these at least 14 times in the past three hours. They are no longer cute.
- DO ask him what he thinks you should do with your refund. You might be opening Pandora’s box. But Pandora’s box often contains lots of yummy delights.
And ladies, remember to use your romantic whims with care. Sometimes they can be dangerous. In other words, if you’re really trying to cozy up to your hunky accountant, you’ll need to do more than show off your goods to snag his attention. Anything less than that borders on skeevy So to help you hire the right accountant for your business, check some great service here.